Total Lack of Respect

So essentially the first two blogs were like the pilot blogs, or feeler blogs if you will (and please say you will) that were just trying to get a better idea for who might be interested in the Club Trillion blog. Needless to say, not only did a large number of you read the blog, you demanded more. I thank you for this. Now that we got that emotional garbage out of the way, let's get down to business.

There are very few things in this world that upset me. The fact that cows have four stomachs and I, as far as I know, only have one. When people hold the door open for me and I'm 20 yards away, they consequently make me feel obligated to pick up my previously comfortable pace of walking so that I can accommodate their attempt at doing their good deed for the day. The fact that basketball referees wear dress pants. However, none of these things upset me nearly as much as what went down today after practice.

Everyone on the team was told to change into their game uniforms for a photo shoot "The Columbus Dispatch" was going to conduct. After hearing this, I walked over to where our uniforms had been placed and started to put mine on. I was then quickly interrupted with a "No, no, no...we don't need you for this picture." You don't need me for this picture? Are you serious? Silly me. Here I was thinking that when they said everyone on the team, they wanted to face of the team to be included. I was wrong. At least I could take comfort in the fact that Danny was left out of the photo shoot, too. (Kyle, on the other hand, wasn't left out. Read the last blog outlining why Kyle Madsen is putting his Club Trillion membership in jeopardy.)

I know what you may be saying to yourself right now. You could be saying, "If I don't get a Toaster Strudel in my digestive system soon, I'll go bonkers." However, you are more likely saying, "Wait, Mark. I thought you liked being excluded from all the other players. Isn't that what Club Trillion is all about?" Yes and no. We do try to establish ourselves as a different breed of basketball player. One that the guy who thought he was awesome in high school cause he could grow a beard and grab the rim can relate to. But at the same time we want to make it perfectly clear that we woke up at 5:30 in the a.m. all summer long (sidenote: "All Summer Long" was by far Kid Rock's worst work ever) and gave our blood, sweat, and (insert favorite bodily fluid here) to the workouts we endured. All we ask in return is a little respect. I'm looking at you, "The Columbus Dispatch." Is it too much to ask that Danny and I, with a Final Four and Big Ten Championship to our names, get our picture in with the rest of the team? I think not.

The late and great Tupac Shakur once said into a microphone that his posse was "flossin' but have caution we collide with other crews." (He also once said, "F the world", but I'm sure he was just having a rough day that consisted of waiting in line at the BMV and going to rent "From Justin to Kelly", only to find that Blockbuster was out of stock.) Club Trillion likes to think of ourselves in a similar light. Sure we are flossing (not literally, because that pulverises the gums), but we also aren't afraid to fight back when bullies try to give us wedgies or leave our picture out of the paper. So consider this our fighting back. Some would say we come across as being stubborn or childish, but last time I checked this is America. And as Americans, Club Trillion wants to exercise their right to fight back against the gersh dern people who left their picture out of the paper. Some injustices simply cannot go unanswered.

Your Friend and My Favorite,

Mark Titus (#34)
Club Trillion Co-Founder