Apologies and Appreciation

I have good news and bad news. The toughest question any human being will ever face in their life is which news to hear first. I'm a pretty firm believer in hearing the bad news first, that way I'm not left with a nasty taste in my mouth. I used the same logic when I was younger and used to take a big drink of milk right after eating a bite of my mom's meatloaf (I love you Mom!). With that being said I am going to break the bad news to you first, and when you are broken down and think your life can't get any worse, I'm going to swoop in and save you via fantastic news. If you want to hear the good news first, skip over this next section and come back to it. That seems like way more trouble than what it's worth, but it's your call.

Unfortunately for all you Club Trillion fans (I'm calling on the fans to come up with a nickname for yourselves), Kyle Madsen has informed me of some bad news. As I'm sure you have already noticed, he deleted his first blog. This is because Kyle has chosen to step down from his position as one of the top three bloggers on the blog. But wipe your tears. It's not that Kyle doesn't care about you. It's the exact opposite. Kyle's flaw is that he cares too much. He is in a unique position to become the first member of Club Trillion to log significant minutes in a game. Because of this, he feels like he cannot preach something he is not practicing. He feels like a hypocrite when he writes about trying to get the trillion and then actually plays a significant role in practice everyday, and possibly games in the near future. Danny and I respect Kyle's decision and want to make it clear that he will always be a member of Club Trillion regardless of how successful he is on the court. We like to think of him as an ambassador of Club Trillion, currently stationed in the land of "not wearing warm-ups the entire game." He will be missed on the blog, but as they say in show business, "I will not do that movie for less than five million." Or is it "the show must go on?" Whatever it is that they say that applies to the situation is what I'm going for.

Now for the good news. I'm sure everyone remembers my hilariously vicious blog I wrote about how "The Columbus Dispatch" seemingly backhanded Danny and me and told us to go sit back down at the kids' table. Well at the time I thought that the only people who read the blog were me, my brother, and the creepy kid in my class that looks at me funny. Apparently, I was wrong. Bob Baptist, who is essentially the media authority on Ohio State basketball and writes for "The Columbus Dispatch", read the blog and even went as far as to give us a shout-out in his own blog. He explains that the decision that was made that left Danny and me out of a team picture was not one made by "The Columbus Dispatch." I believe him, if for no other reason than if my name is to ever make it in the paper, it's going to be because of him. I appreciate that he didn't take the blog too seriously and understood that it was all in good fun. I also appreciate the love he showed us in his blog. This man can make basketball at a football school relevant using only parchment, a quill pen, and a vat of ink. But beyond that, he comprehends the term "cash cow" and understands that Club Trillion has the potential to indirectly buy him steak dinners and a fleet of Segway scooters. So once again, thank you Mr. Baptist.

I also want to take this time to thank the fans of Club Trillion and our blog. I honestly thought I would write two or three blogs, laugh about it, and then delete the entire thing within a month. But you guys (you really need to come up with a name for yourselves cause calling you "the fans" is getting old) wouldn't let me quit. So as long as you keep promising to spread the word about the three coolest college basketball players in America, we promise to keep churning out some entertainment. And with that I leave you with the awesome basketball YouTube clip for this post:



Your Friend and My Favorite,

Mark Titus (#34)
Club Trillion Co-Founder