Day 20

I was kind of apprehensive about today's workout because I thought Cardio Axe was on the schedule. I was debating whether to do another cardio workout (through Netflix, like I did a couple of days ago) or simply to skip that part altogether and just do High & Tight (which is usually paired with Cardio Axe).

Imagine my delight when I looked at the schedule and saw that today's workout was actually Sculpt--50 minutes of strength training and toning exercises, focused primarily on the upper body with some ab work thrown in there for good measure. Hooray! I've never been so happy to do tricep presses and side crunches in my life.

Everything was going along great until the last 5 or 6 minutes of the workout, when I started feeling nauseous as we went into the cool-down stretches. We'd just done an exercise where you lie on your stomach, raise your arms and legs, then pump them up and down as if you're swimming. It's always a tough one but it's never made me sick before. This time, as I got up to move to child's pose, I felt a little dizzy and light-headed and like I might throw up. Huh. So instead of stretching, I sat on the floor, leaning against the couch, and drank some water and just watched Leandro and his backup dancers stretch on the TV screen. The nausea finally passed about 30 minutes later, after some Pepto and more rest. Not sure what caused it, but I'm guessing it must have been something I ate earlier in the day, since I could surely never get sick while listening to/watching Leandro!

Here's to my weekly day of rest tomorrow!