Day 5

Today's workouts: Cardio Axe and High & Tight. I wanted to reach through the screen and cause injury to Leandro during Cardio Axe. Why does he seem to think we have the skill and coordination of Janet Jackson's dancers? If I wanted a samba class to lose weight, I'd take a samba class. Instead of getting better at the moves, I think I'm actually getting less coordinated and keeping up gets harder, which makes for a very frustrating workout! About the 12th time he said, "This is fun! Are you having fun? Have fun with it!" I yelled at the screen, "This is NOT fun!" Blech.

High & Tight entailed a series of leg lifts and other controlled movements, many done while on all fours on an exercise mat on the floor, to isolate butt and thigh muscles. Some of the movements were done with a resistance band, which was frustrating because it kept slipping off my feet. I was already in ill humor from Cardio Axe. The workout did improve after we ditched the band, and I definitely felt the burn.

Leandro promises that my body's "gonna change" and he'd better be right!