The Blahs

We got hit by a winter storm yesterday that left several inches of snow on the ground, cars stranded in ditches, and a big gray sky today. That dull monochrome sky mirrors my mood at the moment.

I haven't exercised in a week. I've been doing a lot of sitting. I was going to walk to the nail salon across the street yesterday evening to get a pedicure, but then it started snowing fast and furious and everything closed down.

On Monday, the guy I've been dating for a couple months and really like announced he's moving across the country to accept a new job and he doesn't want to do the long-distance thing. What that really means is he's not into me enough to even try the long-distance thing.

I intended to work out with Jillian last night, knowing exercise would help boost my flagging spirits, but I simply couldn't muster the strength to do more than lay on the couch with the TV on mute.

Since getting that news on Monday, I haven't had much of an appetite, which I guess is good for off-setting the lack of exercise in the net calorie department. For breakfast today, I had two peanut-butter cookies with chocolate pieces on top. It was the only thing that sounded good.

Awesome.