Mayday! Mayday!

Yesterday I went to see my doctor about a gimpy knee/leg. This time it was the left knee that's been bothering me; a few years ago, it was the right knee. She pronounced my patella out-of-whack and prescribed some physical therapy. Nothing major.

What concerned me during the visit wasn't my knee pain or my doctor's diagnosis but alarmingly high number that showed up on the scale when the nurse weighed me at the start of the visit. It was a full five pounds higher than when I went to the doctor for a nagging cough a month ago. FIVE POUNDS! For a short person like me, that's no small number. As much as I try to wave it off by attributing to heavy clothing, I really doubt that the jeans, t-shirt, and little cardigan I was wearing yesterday weigh five pounds more than the jeans and sweater I wore at the last visit. My weight at that visit was already high enough to to go to yellow alert, being nearly 10 pounds more than my lowest happy weight from about 18 months ago. YIKES!!

Friends, this is dire.

I have started exercising regularly again, after the winter's semi-hibernation, but apparently it's not enough because my lumps continue to become lumpier.

More-focused--even severe--action must be taken, lest my waist continue its rapid expansion until my already-snug pants become obsolete. I am determined not to let that happen. I will not become another Kirstie Alley (who, incidentally, did very well last night on Dancing with the Stars)!

Plan of action:
1. Smaller portions, especially at breakfast
2. Stop eating before I feel full (pay attention to my body!)
3. Exercise for at least an hour, 4-5 times a week (already doing this for the most part)
4. No more bread or crackers
5. No more cookies! At all!
6. Walk/move more during the day

These are all small changes that won't overwhelm me, which gives me a greater chance of success.

Send encouraging, supportive thoughts and words my way!!