Salad Alternative

I had a culinary conundrum this week: What to eat that's healthy and light when you're tired of salads? Normally, I have a salad four or five days a week for either lunch or dinner. Sometimes I even have a salad for both meals, albeit with a few different ingredients. Yesterday, I decided to mix up my menu with a vegetable wrap in lieu of salad for dinner.

I chopped up a baby cucumber, a couple of pearl tomatoes, and some sweet orange pepper.




Next, I spread this creamy goat's milk cheese from Trader Joe's on a whole wheat tortilla. It's low-calorie (relative to, say, cream cheese or regular goat's cheese or Boursin, which were my other choices), and it has a refreshing, lightly tangy flavor.


I sprinkled a good amount of dill and a dash of garlic powder on the tortilla for a little extra flavor, and piled on all the cut veggies. Last, I added some cooked edamame to the veggie rainbow.


The wrap was so tasty, filling, and satisfying, without being heavy, that I wanted another one! Luckily, I was smart enough to recognize that too much of a good thing is still too much, and I refrained from having seconds.

I know just what I'm going to have for lunch today....