Something For The Fans

I made it clear from the start that I wanted to make this blog a basketball blog that doesn't really talk about basketball. I like talking about the things that happen off the court, behind the scenes, and other places that are turned into a cliche. With that being said, the stuff that happens off the court is fueled by what happens on the court. And since we haven't really been doing much else but practicing, I am limited on the amount of tomfoolery I can partake in. But the fans (finally chose a nickname that I'll address later) demanded that I keep up with the blog, so I will use this post to acknowledge the first milestone in Club Trillion's blog.

My ultimate goal for the blog is to establish a fan base that consists of at least one person willing to do my laundry. But beyond that, I feel like I can create something that people can love without having any idea why they love it. Essentially I want a solid group of people who really do appreciate what's going on with Club Trillion and more specifically the magic that oozes from my fingertips onto my keyboard once every few days. However, I also want that group of people who like the blog cause the hot chick at school likes it (Seriously dude, just go talk to her. You can even use my blog as a pickup line. "So have you heard about that internet sensation Mark Titus? No way, I read his blog everyday too!" And from there the ball keeps rolling. You can thank me later). You know who these people are. They are the ones who get peer pressured. These are the people who in third grade probably used hair gel cause they saw Uncle Jesse from "Full House" using it, not realizing what it was or why they were using it, but thinking if it's good enough for Uncle Jesse then it should be good enough for them too (I really can't fault their logic at all). You get the idea. These people are vital to my success just as much as the loyal fans are, because without them I wouldn't have been able to achieve the milestone I did this weekend.

Over the weekend, I eclipsed the 1,000 visitor mark. This is not page views, but rather unique visitors, so if you just sit there and hit refresh, thank you, but you are about as helpful as Christian Laettner was on the Dream Team ("C'mon guys! Didn't you see my shot against Kentucky? I got game! I promise!"). The counter can be found at the bottom of the page and has since eclipsed the 1,200 mark. I view this as a major milestone because 1,200 visitors is about 1,191 more visitors than I ever planned on having. I sincerely want to thank all of you who regularly read the blog and spread the word about what's going on here. To those of you who came to this blog seeking inside information on Ohio State, shame on you. If you want inside information, just do it like I did. Become friends with the future #1 pick in the NBA draft and have him vouch for your unmatched ability to drain the treyball. It's really not that hard. I have a few ideas in mind about how I can take the blog to the next level, but because the NCAA is pretty strict with its rules and I don't want to overstep my boundaries with the team, I will have to make sure my ideas check out before I discuss them. Other than that, I want to say thanks once again to my fans who will from here on out be referred to as.........

The Trillion Man March

Congrats to Anonymous who came up with the name. I forgot to mention that I was going to give $100 and a ham sandwich to the winner. Too bad you posted your comment anonymously. Better luck next time.



Your Friend and My Favorite,

Mark Titus (#34)
Club Trillion Co-Founder