Day 1

Today I watched the "Basics" video, which goes over all the moves, and then the "Bum Bum" workout, which had me seriously sweating. It's basically 30 minutes of squats and lunges done in creative ways to peppy music. Leandro is pretty cute as the instructor and kept saying things like "You're doing great!" and "Great job!" There were several times when my lack of coordination and/or my lower level of fitness prevented me from copying all their moves or keeping up, but it was still a great workout. I definitely felt it the next day in my thighs and butt.

Some things I really liked about this video:
-- Leandro always gave plenty of notice when he was going to switch to another move or combination so I knew exactly what to expect at every stage. He even demo'd some of the trickier steps before having everyone do them. I found this to be particularly helpful as I'm so uncoordinated and have a very hard time switching quickly among different types of moves, especially when there's no or little warning. A+ for Leandro there!
-- There were two different timers continually present on the bottom of the screen. One counted down the overall remaining workout time and the other counted down the remaining time for each segment. The latter timer moved across the screen with a little "progress bar" so it was always easy to see where we were in the workout.
-- The names of upcoming moves and combos were also displayed at the bottom of the screen several seconds before we transitioned, which reinforced what Leandro was saying so I always knew what was coming up.

Note to self: Keep a bottle of very cold water handy during the next workout because you're going to get hot!