Day 2

I got home from work today eager to do the Day 2 workout. On the schedule, "Cardio Axe" (pronounced "ashay"--it's Portuguese for "good luck" or "positive energy," according to Leandro) followed by "High and Tight." I made it through the first one but then my friend Jen came over to go to the pool just as I put in the second one, so I turned it off. I did go to the pool and tread water for about 40 minutes though so I still burned lots of calories.

"Cardio Axe" focused more on getting the heart rate up than on working those bum-bum muscles. The moves seemed simple enough to follow in the beginning, but each combination built on itself, getting more complicated as he added in some arm movements, then a turn here or a jump there, until I seriously could not keep up and just marched in place. At the end, he ran through all four combos in order three times, which was pretty impossible for me to keep up with. I confess, I fast-forwarded through the last set to skip to the cool-down. There's a reason I'm not a dancer.

In spite of that, it had some fun, creative moves, and definitely got my heart rate up. Go BBL!