Day 16

Just when you're feeling pretty good about fitness, Leandro, your progress, etc., you have a day like today, when you feel sluggish and completely uncoordinated. (Since I feel uncoordinated every day, this is really extreme uncoordination.)

This evening, I stumbled through Cardio Axe, cursing under my breath every time Leandro asserted that we were having fun. I just don't get how people can multi-task their bodies in order to move the way Leandro and his back-up dancers move. If I'm moving my legs, that's all I can think about, is moving my legs. Try to "add in the arms" and now I have to choose where to focus b/c neither movement ever becomes automatic enough to be able to turn my attention to another one simultaneously. Throw in the hips and I'm a tangled, spasmodic mess. And how do those women make their hips move independently of their upper body? I really, really don't get it.

The second work-out was High & Tight, which was fine except that my resistance band is nearly torn in half from being worn around my feet/shoes during the first segment of the workout, so I wonder how much resistance I'm actually getting from it. Better than nothing, I suppose. I think this workout is the reason I apparently lost an inch off my thighs. It works the inner thigh muscles more than they've ever been worked before.

Today was one of those days where I probably wouldn't have worked out had it not been for this blog. (Duh. That's why I started it.) This blog and Leandro's voice ringing in my ears, "Don't settle for less!" I hate it when he's right!