Day 15 (Start of Week 3)

I had a long day today involving driving 3 hours one-way for a work-related meeting (and of course 3 hours back). By the time I got home, it was a little after 8pm and, I'm not going to lie, the last thing I wanted to do was work out. If Cardio Axe had been on the schedule for today, I might have skipped it altogether. Luckily, today's schedule called for Bum Bum and Tummy Tuck, which I hadn't ever done before. So I (somewhat reluctantly) changed into my workout clothes and put in the first DVD.

Bum Bum continues to be challenging but I think I'm getting a little better at it. I really dislike lunges--the movement just feels unnatural--and I don't know that my balance will ever improve, but that didn't prevent me from having a good cardio workout and squeezing my tush over and over. I did skip the stretching/cool-down at the end so I could move right on to Tummy Tuck. It was past 9pm after all and I didn't want to be up later than necessary.

Tummy Tuck, well, it kicked my trash. Kicked it down to the corner and back again in one swift movement. OY! It's only 20 minutes long, so the agony is over quickly, but oh how unfit I felt for that 20 minutes! I look forward to the day when I can do that entire routine without stopping.

The great news from today is that I took my Week 3 measurements and, if I'm measuring correctly, I appear to have lost an inch off my waist and about an inch off of each of my thighs. Wow. I'll have to see if I notice a difference this week when wearing certain skirts and pants that are always my informal weight monitors. With the thighs, it's tricky b/c I don't remember exactly which part of my thigh I measured originally, but I like losing inches so I'm going to go with the new measurement today and pronounce it accurate. Yay for Brazil Butt Lift!