Day 4

Today was marked as a rest day on the schedule but since I like to flaunt authority, I went to the pool and tread water for 30 minutes. Then I came home and had my trademark salad for dinner. Awesome.

By some miracle, my leg and butt muscles didn't spend all day screaming at me today! In fact, by the end of the day, the muscle pain is nearly gone. Go figure. Perhaps this is my body's way of lulling me into a false sense of confidence in my own fitness level.

I took my starting measurements today (with the measuring tape that came with the DVDs). I have just one word to describe them: YIKES!!! In the interest of full accountability, I'll post them on the side bar for all to see and add new ones each week--however, I urge you to just squint at them with one eye partially open while focusing on some distant object with the other eye. To look at them head on could cause serious injury or brain aneurysm.

Since I don't believe in weighing myself, I don't have a starting weight to accompany the measurements. Besides, this is a quest for greater fitness, not necessarily weight loss. Why torture and embarrass myself unnecessarily?