Day 40

Forty is a significant number in history, religion, folklore, society, and even science. The Israelites wandered in the wilderness for 40 years before being allowed to settle in the promised land. Rain fell for 40 days and 40 nights while Noah & Co. were in the ark. The basic work-week in the US is 40 hours. One of the punishments meted out in Biblical times was 40 lashes. Jesus fasted 40 days in the wilderness. Mohammed was 40 years old when he first received the revelation from the angel Gabriel. Minus 40 is the temperature at which the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales coincide. One of the stories in the Thousand and One Nights is "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves." And let us not forget the ever-handy WD-40, used to fix squeaking hinges everywhere.

Given the importance of the number 40, I count today as a major milestone in my quest for a better booty. While I haven't seen any results to speak of yet, I'm sure that this day will mark a turning point in my training (and my body's response to it).

Better booty, here I come!

PS Yes, I did work out today, albeit not as much as the schedule dictated. I sweated and squatted my little heart out during Bum Bum but had to forgo Tummy Tuck in order to meet a friend for dinner and bike shopping.