The Biggest Loser

Wasn't I just saying the other day that I needed to start working out with someone who was less fit and weighed more than me? I found the next best thing today (sort of) when I worked out at the hotel gym while watching The Biggest Loser. I am so glad to say that I did not let myself be swayed by any of my lame excuses yesterday or today; I spend some quality time on the treadmill both days and feel much better for it.

Yesterday I did 37 heart-healthy minutes of brisk walking at an elevation of four. Today I cranked it up a notch by doing that same brisk pace at an elevation of 4.5, for a full 60 minutes. The equivalent of walking/hiking quickly uphill for an hour. GO ME!!

Watching The Biggest Loser contestants giving their all in grueling work-outs and challenges to lose weight, reduce their risk of disease and early death, and reclaim their lives definitely inspired me to keep moving on that treadmill--and reclaim the fitness level I used to have.

While I was watching, I was also thinking about all my overweight relatives and the myriad health problems they've had as a result of their poor choices. They haven't taken care of themselves and now they're suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, clogged arteries, joint and muscle pain, and heart problems. They don't have the energy to live their lives fully. I do not want to end up like that!

My reward for tonight's excellent workout was some sweet, heavenly raspberries, that burst with flavor in my mouth and reminded me of good, healthy times to come.