Steelman Triathlon

I just agreed to be part of a team competing in the Steelman Triathlon, to be held in scenic eastern Pennsylvania, in August. We're going to do it as a relay, the sprint distance (which is shorter than the Olympic distance). I, of course, will be the cyclist on the team, while one of my coworkers will swim and another will run. A second company team is also planning to participate.

The cycling component is only 12.8 miles, which is not at all far on a bike; however, since I am not at all fast on my bike, this will be a good motivator to become faster and improve my time this summer. Always good to have something to work towards.

Alright, I confess, the real reason I'm doing this is not to support my coworkers or have a cycling goal to assist my training. The real reason is, I'm pining for an
Official Steelman 7th Annual Commemorative Triathlon Party Cooler and Steelman Finisher Towel--both of which are free gifts if you register before July 25th. With that kind of an incentive, what more reason do you need to sign up?