Day 9

Did I say that my muscle soreness had gone away a couple of days ago? Oh boy, did I speak too soon! The muscle-screaming has returned with a vengeance this week, namely in my arms (esp the triceps, thanks to Sculpt) and my inner thighs. Always a problem area, those inner thighs, so I'm going to embrace the pain with the idea that it indicates improvement is in process.

Today I was supposed to do Cardio Axe and High & Tight. The thought of doing Cardio Axe, however, made me want to throw the TV out the window, it was so frustrating last time. In order to prevent bodily injury to anyone who happened to be walking their dog in front of my building at the moment the TV plummeted toward the ground, I substituted Bum Bum Live for Cardio Axe. Bum Bum Live is not quite 30 minutes long and features Leandro and one other chick in a studio, filmed by one cameraman who often focuses more on Leandro's face as he's talking than the chick doing the moves, which is kind of annoying. The workout itself incorporates most of the same moves as the regular Bum Bum workout but in a different order. Although it didn't seem quite as fast-paced as the regular Bum Bum, I was still sweating and panting like crazy throughout.

High & Tight is full of all manner of leg lifts as well as some combo exercises that also work the abs. This time I did it with the 3-lb ankle weights and definitely felt a difference. As in, my muscles felt like they were going to collapse if I had to do another leg lift. OY! I am determined to be able to do that entire workout--with the weights--without having to stop before all the reps are done due to my muscles turning to jelly. I think it's on the schedule for tomorrow or Friday so I'll have another chance to prove myself soon.