Days 10 & 11: "Keep my eyes on your eyes"

Yesterday (Day 10), I had the pleasure of doing Sculpt again. As much as the thought of doing more tricep exercises made me whimper, my sore muscles actually felt much better after being worked again. Go figure.

There are some seriously tough exercises in this workout and I am determined to be able to do the whole thing, every rep of every exercise, without having to stop to catch my breath or collapse on the floor before the set is over because my muscles are just too tired. Do you hear me? Determined!

In many ways, Sculpt is a lot easier than some of the other workouts due to the lack of dance moves. My lack of coordination isn't an issue and even my poor balance doesn't necessarily inhibit my ability to follow along.

My favorite Leandro quote from Sculpt (thank goodness he doesn't constantly tell us we should be having fun) is something he says when he's trying to teach the correct form for a particular movement that requires you to squat or bend down some, but still keep your head and chest up, with the hips square. He says, "Keep my eyes on your eyes." Then he seems to realize that that might not make much sense so he says, "Make sure you keep your eyes on my eyes." Hee hee.

Today (Day 11) I did Cardio Axe and Bum Bum. As much as I was dreading Cardio Axe, I decide that I can't say the program isn't working if I don't follow the program completely. So I did it and it was a little better, though I still get annoyed when he works in those Shakira turns and tells us to shimmy and "just do what comes naturally." What comes naturally is walking with perhaps a slight swing of the arm, NOT moving multiple body parts in different directions at once. OY.